ANRITSU XR75 DUAL ENERGY X-RAY MACHINE FOR PACKAGED AND UNPACKAGED FOODS
Food x-ray inspection equipment with high sensitivity and lower energy consumption
Anritsu XR75 ‘DualX’ dual energy x-ray equipment benefits from 2 main feature upgrades to achieve both reliable and high-specification product inspection:
- Higher sensitivity sensor;
- Longer life x-ray generator and sensor.
Anritsu XR75 features meet today’s high demands for food safety, protecting your customers from even the smallest contaminants. Superior, proven image processing technology identifies what previous x-ray system designs may have missed.
DualX technology for fresh food x-ray
The XR75 ‘DualX’ model features Anritsu’s Dual Energy Imaging Technology which analyses two x-ray signals at the same time – one high energy and one low energy. This gives a higher detection rate of low-density items not previously detectable by standard x-ray systems.
This model inspects fresh food products in a high-speed production environment with outstanding accuracy and precision. The XR75 DualX machine detects:
- Material differences between organic and inorganic items to detect low-density or soft contaminants like stone, glass, rubber, metal or bone. Ideal for finding bones in poultry and other meat products.
- Overlapping products and rough surface products in a pack or bag, for example, french fries, frozen vegetables and chicken nuggets.
- Excellent detection of small metals including wire.
For packaged foods
In addition, for packaged goods, the DualX system offers all of the other detection capabilities of an Anritsu x-ray inspection system, including:
- Missing product detection
- Product/ pack count
- Product shape detection
- Virtual weight check
- Package integrity check
For unpackaged foods
For unpackaged foods like raw poultry and meat products which need non-contact product inspection, the XR75 DualX offers a model with a curtainless system.
Caption: Curtainless system
High Definition technology aids contaminant detection
XR75 DualX x-ray machines also feature Anritsu’s advanced High Definition technology which detects many contaminants to high levels of accuracy, including:
- Metal (including ferrous, non-ferrous and stainless contaminants) down to 0.4mm* sensitivity using HD Imaging Technology detection. UltraHD technology options are also available which can detect metal down to 0.2mm*.
- Wire down to 0.5mm x 2mm long* sensitivity.
- Mineral stones down to 2.0mm*.
- Bone (in red meat) down to 2.0mm*. (For x-ray inspection detection in poultry see Anritsu’s DualX or Pipeline x-ray system).
- Glass and mineral stones down to 1.0*mm sensitivity.
* Subject to product density and presentation
New technology and design features
The Anritsu XR75 DualX model offers new x-ray generator and detector features to minimize running costs. It is now more reliable, accurate and energy-efficient.
- The x-ray generator and detection sensor continue to provide outstanding sensitivity but an integrated cabinet cooling system means the new system generates less heat. This sealed, non-circulating tube cooling system means that no external air conditioning is required, reducing operating costs.
- If a lower detection sensitivity is suitable for a specific product, the operator can further reduce power usage on the menu using the variable x-ray power function.
Different sized models
- Belt widths of 270mm for products up to maximum width 240mm and maximum height 120mm.
- Belt widths of 420mm for products up to maximum width 390mm and height 220mm.
- Variable belt speeds to suit specific application.
Long-term machine versatility
The Anritsu x-ray system provides a long-term, flexible inspection solution. Its comprehensive range of adaptable features make it easy for operators to add new applications or products:
- Algorithms to cover a wide range of products.
- Variable speed conveyors.
- Variable power x-ray source.
- HACCP support.
- Ethernet connection to QUICCA data collection software.
Anritsu x-ray equipment system design focuses on creating efficiencies through easy-to-use parts, support and documentation:
- Operators can create new products and adjust existing settings using graphs and colour-coded algorithm feedback via Touch Screen HMI, eliminating the need for factory support.
- The same user interface is used across all the Anritsu XR75 x-ray machines, SSV checkweighers and M6 metal detectors to minimise operator training time.
- Auto-learn product set-up wizard.
- Reject logs and image storage.
- Maintenance logs and diagnostics with on-screen troubleshooting guides.
- Remote support capable.
- Data secured on solid state drive with embedded software.
- USB, Ethernet included - Ethernet/IP options.
- Compatible with the QUICCA overall quality control and management system.
- Removable curtains.
- Curtainless models.
- Tool-less, removable belting.
- Angled external surfaces.
- Mirror finish product zone.
- Enhanced AMI sanitary upgrades (optional).
Maintenance features shorten problem diagnosis and help operators to get back up and running without outside assistance, minimising downtime:
- System diagnostics with error and alarm codes and on-screen corrective action prompts.
- Plug-and-play boards.
- Easy-release conveyor design.