1 .How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when you make an inquiry or order in relation to goods or services through the Website;
- when you complete the Credit Application;
- in administering and performing any contracts with service providers;
- when you contact us via telephone or facsimile;
- from correspondence (whether in writing or electronically);
- through any mobile applications provided by our organisation;
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- when providing you with our goods; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
However, in certain cases we may collect personal information from publically available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, recruitment agencies, contractors, our clients, your trade references, credit reporting agencies and business partners.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
2. Types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers, billing information, credit information and, if applicable, employment information.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
This policy also applies to the following related entities:
- Pod Pack Australia Pty Ltd ACN 052 065 620
- WHB Investments Pty Ltd ACN 008 495 672
- J.L.Lennard Limited 69-914-403
3. Our purposes for handling your personal information
As a general rule, we only process personal information for purposes that would be considered relevant and reasonable in the circumstances.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to:
- offer and provide you with our goods and services;
- manage and administer those goods and services, including account keeping procedures and to make determinations regarding your credit worthiness;
- communicate with you, including (but not limited to), emailing you tax invoices, dispatch and tracking information, returns and exchange authorisations;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise to manage our business.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
We may disclose personal information between our organisations or to third parties such as our suppliers, organisations that provide us with technical and support services, or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Privacy Act. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
4. Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
It is our policy not to keep individual and corporate credit card details , and these are securely destroyed once we have ceased use of them for the purpose for which they were provided to us.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to only those who need access to the personal information do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
5. Direct marketing
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We believe we have a unique range of products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions which may be of interest to you.
We do not currently engage a third party for our marketing purposes and will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
7. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
8. Overseas transfers of personal information
If in the future we do propose to disclose personal information overseas, we will do so in compliance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. We will, where practicable, advise you of the countries in which any overseas recipients are likely to be located.
If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
9. Resolving personal information concerns
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: